ElasticSearch Monitoring Options
ElasticHQ can be easily used as a hosted on-demand monitoring and management tool for Elasticsearch clusters.
ElasticHQ can also be installed as a plugin or downloaded and run locally.
Which option is right for me?
I recommend everyone try the hosted version first, as it is the easiest and quickest to use. If it cannot
connect, it is likely due to firewall configurations.
Requests will be seen as coming from elastichq.org, and so may be blocked by firewalls. The pointers below are
merely pointers: ;-)
Use the Hosted Version if...
- You need to use/test/debug ElasticSearch performance quickly.
- You don't want to install plugins or download any software.
- You want to use the latest stable version. (The hosted version is the most rigorously tested)
Install the Plugin if...
- The hosted version is blocked by a firewall or your ElasticSearch cluster is inaccessible from the outside
- You are comfortable with updating the plugin from time to time.
- You believe all of this cloud nonsense is just a fad.
Use the Download distribution if...
- You are testing a local install that is inaccessible to the outside world, ie. elastichq.org
- You need a local network install that is not coupled to the cluster - like a plugin would be.
© Razorback, LLC 2013. All Rights Reserved.
This website and accompanying ElasticHQ software is not affiliated with ElasticSearch, Inc.